Statement of Faith
It should be noted that the Statement of Faith does not address every creed or doctrine of every church. It does, however, contain what the administration has determined to be the essential creeds necessary for the school to fulfill its mission. The Statement of Faith is as follows:
1. WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the infallible Word of God, a divine revelation, the original manuscript of which was verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that they are the supreme and final authority of faith and conduct. II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:21; John 5:39, 46, 47; Matthew 5:18.
2. WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each of the three persons are worthy of equal honor, obedience, and worship. Matthew 28:19; John 5:23.
3. WE BELIEVE that God the Father is in a special sense the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, and that He is the Father of only those who accept the Lord Jesus as their personal Savior. Psalm 2:7; John 8:19; Galatians 3:26.
4. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary and is truly God and truly man. We believe that He was crucified for our sins and that in that same body in which He has lived and died He arose from the dead. In that glorified body He ascended into heaven. He as our high priest is now at the right hand of God interceding for us. We believe in that “blessed hope,” the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, which will precede the age of universal peace and righteousness foretold in the Scriptures. Matthew 1:18, 23; Luke 1:35; Romans 1:3,4; Isaiah 53:5, 6; John 20: 25-28; Hebrews 7:25; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:29, 30; Revelations 20:1-6.
5. WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit is a person, possessing all the distinctively divine attributes, and is sent by the Lord Jesus Christ to convict the world of sin, to indwell, guide, give gifts to believers, teach the believer, and empower him to live in victory over sin. John 16:7-15; I Corinthians 2:10; I Corinthians 12:1-31; Galatians 5:16-26.
6. WE BELIEVE in a literal six day creation as presented in Genesis 1-2.
7. WE BELIEVE that man was created in the image of God and is not in any sense the product of animal ancestry or the development from the brute humanity. We believe the whole human race fell in the sin of the first Adam and apart from Christ is spiritually dead and lost, and no one of himself can gain recovery or be restored in the family of God. Genesis 1:26, 27; Romans 5:12; Romans 3:20; John 15:5.
8. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ died a substitutionary death upon the cross, by grace providing salvation for all who believe on Him, justifying them alone on the basis of His shed blood. II Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 2:8; John 3:16-18; Hebrews 9:22; Titus 3:7. 5
9. WE BELIEVE that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Spirit of God and so become children of God, that eternal life is a present possession, that at death their spirits depart to be with Christ in conscious blessedness, and that at Christ’s second coming their bodies shall be raised and together with the living believers, be transformed into the likeness of the body of His glory. John 1:12, 13; Philippians 1:21-23; I John 5:12; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I John 3:1-3.
10. WE BELIEVE that all those who persistently reject Jesus Christ in the present life shall be raised from the dead, not to be annihilated nor ultimately to be restored but to exist throughout eternity in a state of conscious torment. John 3:36; Revelation 20:10; II Thessalonians 1:9.
11. WE BELIEVE that Satan is a person, the enemy of God and His people, that in this warfare he appears as “an angel of light”, and as a usurper he now rules as the “god of this world.” We believe that he was judged at the cross and, therefore, ultimately, he shall be cast in the “lake of fire”. Mark 1:12, 13; II Corinthians 4:3, 4, 11:13-15; Revelation 20:1-13.
12. WE BELIEVE that the church consists of all those who, in this age [the resurrection to the second coming], truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that it is the body and bride of Christ. The mission of the church in this present age is to witness for Christ among all nations. Therefore, she must be careful to strengthen herself by preaching and teaching the Word of God, “for the edifying of the body of Christ”. Acts 2:41, 47; I Corinthians 12:13; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:12; Ephesians 5:25-32.
13. WE BELIEVE in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly separated life, and that we should exalt the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and witness to His saving power in our various contacts with the world. Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; James 5:12; Romans 12:18; Matthew 5:13, 14; Matthew 5: 44; II Corinthians 6:14, 17.
14. WE BELIEVE that God established marriage to be a sacred, lifelong union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:4-8, 20-24; Matthew 19:4-6) rooted in the order of creation as the foundation of the family, to be a reflection of Christ’s own unconditional commitment to the Church. Ephesians 5:22-33.